Friday 17 January 2014

Fridge


My dearest little fridgy
There are some things in life
That only friends will say
And that my dear is what
I've come to do today. 

Oh loveliest of fridges

My true and loyal friend. 
Now please don't take this wrong
But all around this house
Is the most revolting pong. 

Sweetest of all fridges

"What's that to me? " You ask. 
Well, I'll tell you in a jiffy
You know that smell I talked about?
It's you, you're very whiffy.

So my darling fridgy

I've assembled the equipment
And I know you're very posh
But I'm striping you quite naked
And you're going to have a wash. 

Most marvellous of fridges

All gleaming, sparkling clean. 
Look how beautiful you are.
You smell as fresh as daisies
Meine Liebling, you're a star!


Words of encouragement to my fridge.  Written in five minutes for the five minute challenge on http://lisajobaker.com

Inspired by the poetryjam prompt "refrigerate" http://poetryjaam.blogspot.co.uk

26 comments:

  1. Interesting. I have never read an ode to a fridge befoe. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you made me laugh today. Encouraging our fridges to keep running - that's important isn't it. And encouragement joined with blessings and thanksgiving. Glad you were able to clean out your fridge.
    Blessings,
    Janis www.janiscox.com found you from FMFparty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Janis
      Glad I made you laugh. Hope the floor laying went ok.

      Ciao
      Pea

      Delete
  3. Oh my, such an unexpected giggle-inducing FMF post! Thank you for the fun rhymes and heart medicine of laughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Kelly
      Lovely to make you smile.
      Take care
      Pea

      Delete
  4. ha. i remember cleaning out the fridge and defrosting it as a child...i guess it was the freezer actually...what a mess...but once clean, for sure...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Brian
      At least the fridge doesn't smell so bad, except I have loaded it with smelly cheeses so we could be in for a repeat performance.
      Ciao
      Pea

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the smiles! Only a good friend could say these things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Robyn

      It was a delicate situation.
      Take care
      Pea

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It's always nice to have good friends.

      Ciao
      Pea

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed the happy tone of your poem! It made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gabriella
      I am very happy I made you smile
      Ciao
      Pea

      Delete
  8. I am glad that the fridge feels MUCH better at the end. This was a fun poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Mary

      It certainly smelt sweeter.
      Ciao
      Pea

      Delete
  9. What a fun poem, Pea. I for one do not have the patience to strip down my fridge and clean it out. So I usually do a shelf at a time. Lazy me. But it always feels so good to have a clean fridge. Nice meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacqui
      if your fridge selt like mine (think very strong cheeses), you'd have no choice.
      Ciao
      Pea

      Delete
  10. Very fun! Funny how those mystery smells just appear :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clean and beautiful, great combination and this is very nicely put together,

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOLL, good one! The dog's turn next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thankfully I don't have one anymore, that was stressful!

      Delete